Sussex took part in this national Golf Croquet B-level Series this season, along with 10 other clubs. Here are the results of the qualifying tournaments:
1. 4/5 May - Sussex County (handicaps 2-6) q: Janis Steins (Latvia)
2. 11 May - Hamptworth #1 (handicaps 3-8) q: Keith Southern (Swanage)
3. 12 May - Hamptworth #2 (handicaps 3-8) q: Richard Raby (Worcester)
4. 13 May - Watford (handicaps 2-7) q: John Smallbone (Watford)
5. 22 June - Wrest Park (handicaps 3-7) q: Ian Norris (Phyllis Court)
6. 17 July - Nottingham (handicaps 4-8) q: Andrea Huxley (Guildford)
7. 27 July - Hamptworth #3 (handicaps 3-8) q: Mike Salisbury (Bristol)
8. 28 July - Hamptworth #4 (handicaps 3-8) q: David Cooper (Ham'worth)
9. 16/17 Aug - Phyllis Court (handicaps 4-8) q: David Ball (Leighton-Lins.)
10. 17 Aug - Guildford (handicaps 2-7) q: Derek Heath (Tunb. Wells)
11. 10 Sept - Edgbaston (handicaps 5-8) q: Jean Ball (Leighton-Lins.)
'Lucky Loser' q. Dan Ellis (Thames Valley)
The final is on October 12th at Hamptworth.
The Series will be repeated next year and two additional clubs - Asby and Colchester - have agreed to join.
This Series was championed by Chris Roberts, current Editor of the Croquet Magazine and regular player in GC tournaments at Southwick.